Wilderness – The Old Trading Post Guest House
Bed & Breakfast and Self-catering Child and Pet Friendly Accommodation in Wilderness on the Garden Route.
The Old Trading Post, near Wilderness offers guests both bed and breakfast and self-catering accommodation options. We have four rooms / units accommodating a maximum of ten guests. Children and pets are welcome. All the accommodation has en-suite bathrooms, kettles, complimentary tea and coffee, bar fridges, television, hairdryers, heaters and fans or air-conditioning.
Rooms have comfortable beds with fine percale linen and duvets, electric under-blankets (in winter,) towels, and personal amenities. We also supply many extras such as emergency lighting, mosquito repellent, playing cards, magazines, books and tourist brochures for activities in Wilderness and the Garden Route.
- Strelitzia Cottage one bedroom cottage with double bed and bunk beds in the living area, fully equipped kitchen. (sleeps 4)
- The Garden Room bedroom with double bed, shower and kitchenette. (Sleeps 2)
- Lara’s Room bedroom with double bed, bath and shower. (Sleeps 2)
- The Tin Room bedroom with 2 single beds and shower (sleeps 2.)
- Guests visiting The Old Trading Post can expect:
- A unique and tranquil experience in the heart of the Wilderness Lakes district.
- Cosy and tastefully decorated accommodation
- Spotlessly clean rooms, well equipped with all a guest may need
- A warm welcome and friendly farewell from their hosts
- Personal care and attention during their stay
- Delicious country breakfasts with home baked bread and our own free range eggs
- Home cooked dinners on request
- A garden in which to relax and enjoy the atmosphere, birds and plants
- Beautiful scenic surroundings, beaches, lakes, rivers, forests on their doorstep
- A wonderful base to explore Wilderness and other attractions of The Garden Route
Enjoy Wilderness and the surroundings by:
- taking a boat cruise with Wilderness River Safaris
- walking the trails of Wilderness National Park (no dogs allowed in the park)
- birding and visiting one of the bird hides
- cycling the back roads
- spending time on the endless sandy beaches (dogs allowed in certain areas)
- visiting the craft markets
- hiring a canoe and paddling the Touw River and Serpentine
- dining in one of the many restaurants
- going paragliding
- whale and dolphin watching
- Explore the Garden Route by visiting the towns of:
- George for shopping, museums, cinemas
- Knysna for oysters, waterfront, forests and boat trips
- Sedgefield for the Saturday Wild Oats and Scarab markets, Timberlake Organic Farmstall and Swartvlei
- Oudtshoorn for the Cango Caves, ostriches, crocodiles and other wildlife,
Or by taking day trips,
- Over the Swartberg Pass to Prince Albert and back via Meiringspoort
- To the Tsitsikamma, for Elephant parks, Plettenberg Bay, Monkeyland, Bird Sanctuary, bungy jumping, canopy tours and Storms River
- Mossel Bay and beyond for, seafood, wildlife farms and shark cage diving
- Travelling the back-roads Seven Passes Road, Montagu Pass and the Klein Karoo
PET POLICY: All dogs, cats and caged birds welcome all year round. Pets sleep inside; bring own pet beds, bedding and bowls. Pets are not allowed on the furniture and must be free of ticks and fleas. Consideration must be given to resident dogs, birds, farm animals and wildlife. Pets stay FREE. Doggie Damages Deposit required: NONE.